Friday, March 27, 2009

research_paper_Revised

Since I learned the clock was made by the Herman Miller Clock Co., (and photographed the actual childhood clock which resides in Oklahoma) I decided to do my research paper on this company. I'm interested in exploring the Herman Miller / Howard Miller design evolution and their connection to the furniture and iconic clock designs, popular today. I learned the childhood clock in the story pre-dates 1947, as its label clearly states it is a Herman Miller Clock Co, of Zeeland, MI. After 1947, Herman Miller's son, Howard C. Miller took it over and renamed it under his name. Several famous clocks came out of it - including several by George Nelson, the Design Director at the Herman Miller furniture company. Herman Miller / Hoard Miller designs we know and still love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment